Sunday 29 June 2008

Mark Paul Gosselaar


The Jonathan Taylor Thomas entry got me thinking about my own favourite childhood shows, and reminded me of the one and only Zack Morris from Saved By The Bell! I preferred the original cast which included AC Slater, Kelly Kapowski, Jessie Spano, Screech and Lisa (I don't remember their surnames). I didn't have to google the cast by the way, its all stored in my memory. Impressive, I know. Anyway Zack was the best, despite his character being more comedic than dramatic I'm sure fellow watchers of Saved by the Bell will agree that Mark Paul Gosselaar did display genuine acting ability. Last I heard he was in NYPD Blue, which I believe is quite a solid acting gig but checking his recent stuff its all TV movies and a few appearances in various shows. I've thought about it and no other SBTB alumni are good enough to be on the Cast List, and no one else from shows such as Sister Sister, Hang Time, City Guys, Sweet Valley High, Clarissa Explains It All or California Dreams will make it either. An honourable mention does go out to Sly from California Dreams however.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree! he is the only worthy member of the SBTB era shows worthy of the list. I was tempted by the Alex Mac kid, but she grew up to be ugly lol.