Sunday 29 June 2008

Lena Olin


Alias had everything I look for in a tv show; fighting, espionage, costumes, world travel, awkward tension, secret lives...I didn't even realise that season 1 was missing something until season 2 came around and they added the psychotic Irina Derevko aka Laura Bristow or spy-mom to the true alias geeks over at twop *cough*. How did they introduce her you ask? Oh like this:

Yes, that would be Sydney. Her daughter. Lena Olin as the most badass Russian double agent to appear on tv made season 2 of Alias some of the best tv ever. EVER. Later family scenes between Irina, Sydney and Jack were classic, and even when the show lost all sense of what it was trying to do in the later seasons, any episode with Lena Olin in it was immediately awesome.

Like say... when she kills people with no hesitation:


Bad. Ass.

I'm focusing on Alias here because that's where I know her, and I would completely typecast her as Irina-esque characters because why waste greatness like that? That said, her imdb page is extensive and she is no doubt a great actress.

She's also 53 and I don't hate her. That's right, her greatness even combats my 'I hate old people' agenda. One of the few Olin, one of the few.

1 comment:

The Cast List said...

i have never watched alias, but the way you described her killing people without hesitation makes me want to.