Friday 27 June 2008

Jonathan Taylor Thomas


Ah JTT... Home Improvements Randy Taylor, the very first of my TV boyfriends. I'm fairly ashamed to admit that Home Improvement was considered quality viewing when I was growing up, and that not only did we watch it weekly, but we laughed with Tim 'the Tool-man' Taylor and my brother and I knew no greater excitment than to see the eyes and hat of Wilson Wilson Jr. and claim we knew what he looked like. We did not.

What I do know though, is that Jonathan Taylor Thomas was not only enough of a fox to appeal to my 5-12 year old self (the show ran from 1991 - 1998; I can't pinpoint exactly when we started dating, but it happened) but that when JTT left to make horrible movies (
you know who you are...) I watched them. And then I told myself that I liked them, and honestly, I think I liked JTT enough that I really did like them.

Then JTT left my television and went to Harvard. Harvard. To study history and philosophy which you know... meh.

His return to my life came through Ally McBeal, then some years later in Smallville and finally proving he really was just doing it for me, Veronica Mars. The Ally guest spot should have secured his place on the list all on its own, but come now, the voice of young simba should never be unemployed. Never.

Welcome to the cast JTT!

1 comment:

The Cast List said...

lol i loved this guy too. except it all ended when i found out his real surname was weiss and hes a j-o-o/ devestated.